- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Old Style
History and Notes
- 1813, Jun 19 Helped resist British invasion at Oswego, NY during war of 1812.
- 1813 Captured by British; renamed GROWLER; recaptured by Americans; renamed HAMILTON.
- 1813, Aug 8 Foundered in violent storm near Twelve Mile Creek, Niagara Peninsula; 70 men died.
- 1815 Enrolled Sackets Harbor, NY; as GROWLER, 49 tons.
- Date Unknown Sold Canadian.
- Warships of the Great Lakes by Robert Malcomson
- Newspaper Clippings
- Donald V. Baut
- C.E. Feltner Enrollments Database
- Unique ID
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio