- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Old Style
- 223 80/95
History and Notes
- 1846, May 2 Launched Oswego, NY; enrolled Oswego.
- 1854 Enrolled French Creek, NY.
- 1856 Rebuilt, same tonnage.
- 1858, Jan Dragged ashore, Clayton, NY; released & repaired.
- 1861 Owned Carey & Calvin, Clayton; large repairs.
- 1861, Jul Lost mast in lightning strike on St. Lawrence River.
- 1862 Owned D. Whitney, Detroit, MI.
- 1863, May Aground Clayton with black walnut, released; bound Toledo - Ogdensburg.
- 1863, Jul Damaged in collision with ANNA E. RAYNOR at Buffalo.
- 1866 Owned Dibbble, Detroit.
- 1868 169.91 gross tons; US9195, Chicago, IL owners.
- Newspaper Clippings
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Erik Heyl, Early American Steamers
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Burnham Chequamegon
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio