- Sail Number Masts
- 11' 8"
- Tonnage Old Style
- 390 78/95
- Final Location
- Kelley's Island.
- Lake Erie.
- Final Date Month
- Final Date Day
- Final Date Year
- Final How
- Final Notes
- Stranded on rocks while attempting to leave harbor in heavy weather.
- Declaired a total loss & abandoned on Nov 30. Broken up in gale April, 1876.
- Remain struck by tug AMERICAN EAGLE, 1885.
History and Notes
- 1857, Apr 29 Enrolled Sandusky, OH.
- 1857, Jul 28 Damaged in collision with brig R.H. HARMON on straits of Mackinac; repaired.
- 1857, Aug Sunk at Racine, WI, Lake Michigan while trying to make port in a storm, lumber laden; raised, owned St. Clair, MI.
- 1859, Jul 14 Owned A. Bradley, et al, Cleveland, OH.
- 1859, Dec 5 Laid up, Little Sodus, NY.
- 1861, May Wrecked steamer COMET in collision at False Duck Islands, Lake Ontario with wheat; repaired.
- 1862, Oct Lost deck load of iron ore at Marquette, MI, Lake Superior in gale.
- 1862, Nov 22 Damaged in collision with schooner J.C. REEVES at Oak Orchard, Lake Ontario with salt; repaired Oswego, NY.
- 1866 Readmeasured 292.04 gross tons.
- 1866, Sep Sunk at Cleveland, Lake Erie; bound there from Marquette with iron ore; raised.
- 1871 Owned Mason & Thompson, Cleveland.
- 1871, Jul Aground St. Clair River; released by tug G.H. PARKER.
- 1874, Nov 20 Wrecked Lake Erie; owned James Lawler, Sandusky, OH.
- Newspaper Clippings
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C.E. Feltner Enrollments Database
- C. Patrick Labadie
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio