- 14' 3"
- Tonnage Gross
History and Notes
- 1876, Oct 3 Commissioned at Boston Navy Yard.
- 1877 Cruised to Liberia & West Coast of Africa.
- 1881 Went to Pacific Station.
- 1883 Went to Asiatic Station.
- 1889 Out of commission.
- 1893 Back in commission as a training ship.
- 1904 - 16 Loaned to Ohio Naval Militia, stationed at Toledo.
- 1917 - 26 Served Ninth Naval District, Duluth, MN; rebuilt in early 1920's, housed in & used for barracks, machinery removed.
- 1927, Oct 20 Loaned to Minnesota Naval Reserve.
- 1927, Oct 27 Off Naval register.
- 1930, Dec 23 Sold, dismantled at Duluth, hull beached.
- 1931, Oct Hull burned for the scrap metal.
- Newspaper Clippings
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald McKay
- C. Patrick Labadie
- Bowling Green State University
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-21 10:25:27
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio