- Original Owner
- New York Central Railroad Co.
- Ownership Notes
- Dean Richmond, president.
- Later called Western Transit Co.
- Sail Number Masts
- Engine Type
- Tonnage Old Style
- 620 65/95
History and Notes
- 1857, May 12 Enrolled Buffalo, NY; duplicate of ECLIPSE, EQUINOX & SUN; ran Sandusky Line.
- 1862, Oct Damaged in collision with schooner JOE VILAS at Buffalo, NY.
- 1863 Repaired; ran Lake Erie & Green Bay Line.
- 1865, Jun 12 902.48 tons; Buffalo, NY & Toledo, OH run.
- 1867, May 4 Owned William G. Fargo, Buffalo, NY; 186 x 31 x 10.
- 1867, Jul 6 Owned E. A. Buck; chartered to run Belle City Line, Racine, WI - Buffalo, NY; grain trade.
- 1868 Owned S. Webster, Chicago, IL.
- 1869, Sep Damaged in freshet, Buffalo.
- 1869, Nov 17 Wrecked North Manitou Island, Lake Michigan carrying railroad ties, salt & apples.
- 1870 Sold as wreck to Mark J. Tyson, Milwaukee, WI & George Robinson, Manistee, MI; raised & towed by tug LEVIATHAN to Milwaukee, WI; rebuilt as barge, 1 deck, 3 masts; 189 x 31.7 x 11, 487 gross tons; renamed EL DORADO; US135117; engine removed to BISMARCK which later towed her in lumber trade with EMMA E. TYSON, D. L. FILER & EVA S. ROBINSON.
- 1873 Owned Ludington & Co., Chicago; 620 tons.
- 1879 Owned Menominee River Lumber Co., Marinette, WI.
- 1880, Sep 22 Owned L. Styfield, St. Clair, MI.
- 1880, Nov 20 Wrecked.
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Peter J. VanderLinden
- Newspaper Clippings
- Lytle List
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Direct
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-21 10:16:05