- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
- 750 tons
History and Notes
- 1864, Aug 20 Launched.
- 1865, Jan 18 Registered St. Catharines, ONT.
- 1866 Owned Welland Rail Road Line; ran Oswego, NY - Welland in grain trade.
- 1868 Inspected Port Dalhousie; 564 gross / 494 net tons.
- 1871, Nov Ashore South Bay, Lake Ontario.
- 1872 Using wheel manufactured by Davidson & Down, Kingston Foundry, Kingston, ONT.
- 1874 Repaired.
- 1881 Rebuilt Port Dalhousie, ONT by Alex Muir as steam barge, C83143; 177.2 x 28.4 x 12.2; 914.92 gross / 586.53 net tons; 50 x 34"; 200hp, low pressure engine by A. Gartshonne, Dundas, ONT (1864); capacity 30,000 bushels grain; owned Bryce Muir, Grantham, ONT.
- 1882, Apr 20 Owned James Sutherland & Wesley McCausland, Owen Sound, ONT, for Chicago trade.
- 1883 Lake Superior North Shore trade.
- 1884, Jun 7 Sprang leak on Welland Canal with wheat.
- 1886 Owned Muir Brothers, St.Catharines, ONT.
- 1887 Ran Duluth, MN - Kingston, ONT, grain trade.
- 1889 Made bulk freighter Port Dalhousie, ONT; lengthened, rebuilt; new boiler; 620 gross / 400 net tons.
- 1890, May Ashore near Garden Island.
- 1890 Cut down to steam barge, Port Dalhousie, ONT.
- 1894, Sep 13 Stranded North Point, Alpena, MI; bound Fort William, ONT - Kingston, ONT, 27,000 bushel wheat; wreck sold to F. W. Gilchrist & Co., Alpena, MI; raised; rebuilt by James Davidson, Bay City, MI as steam barge; 1 deck, 2 masts, 22 + 50 x 30", 785hp @ 96rpm steeple compound engine from Morrison Iron Works, Toronto, ONT; 2 scotch boilers 9 x 12' @ 97# steam by J. Hunter & Co, Toronto, ONT (1885), 172 x 32 x 12.5, 660 gross / 501 net tons.
- 1895, Apr 13 Canadian registry closed.
- 1895, May 3 Owned F. W. Gilchrist, Alpena, MI; renamed NORSEMAN.
- 1902, Feb 12 Documents surrendered; sold Canadian.
- 1902, Feb Owned N. Dyment, Barrie, ONT as NORSEMAN; C83143.
- 1911 Out of registery.
- 1912 Scuttled for age, Collins Bay.
- 1917 Broken up; last owned W. E. Kelsey.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Marine Directory, R.L. Polk Co., Detroit
- John O. Greenwood
- Inland Seas, Great Lakes Historical Society
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Great Lakes Register
- Fred Trelfa
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-21 10:07:52