- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
- 1,200 tons
History and Notes
- Launched as FLORENCE; renamed prior to enrolling.
- 1869, Jun 4 Launched John P. Clark shipyard, Detroit, MI.
- 1869, Aug 3 Enrolled Cleveland, OH; ran Cleveland - Escanaba / Marquette, MI ore trade.
- 1869, Oct Collision on St. Clair Flats.
- 1871, Oct Lost maingaff on Lake Michigan.
- 1873, Aug Aground Neebish, St. Mary's River; released.
- 1879 Owned Russell, Cleveland; repaired, new frames.
- 1881, Nov Aground Forty Mile Point, Lake Huron.
- 1882 Owned Lucy Russell, Cleveland; new deck frames & centerboard case.
- 1884 Owned M.A. Bradley & Co., Cleveland.
- 1885 Towed by SARAH E. SHELDON.
- 1885, Spring Lost main & mizzen masts in gale on Lake Erie; repaired, possibly refitted as towbarge.
- 1886/87 Repaired.
- 1887 Towed by SARAH E. SHELDON, HENRY CHISHOLM, E.B. HALE.
- 1887, Nov Sunk in shallow water, Lake Erie; recovered & repaired.
- 1888 Repaired timber aft, keelson & ceiling.
- 1888, Jun - Aug Towed by S.E. SHELDON in Ashland, WI ore trade.
- 1889 Repaired stanchions, planksheer & rail.
- 1889, May Towed by S.E. SHELDON.
- 1890, May - Jun Towed by S.E. SHELDON.
- 1893, Nov Damaged in gale off Eagle Harbor, MI; repaired with new rudder.
- 1894, Sep 13 Ashore in gale on Drummond Island, MI, Lake Huron.
- 1896, Oct 29 Wrecked in gale at Two Harbors, MN.
- 1897, Apr 19 Documents surrendered, Cleveland, OH.
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Newspaper Clippings
- Milwaukee Public Library
- Marine Directory, R.L. Polk Co., Detroit
- List of Merchant Vessels of the United States
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- Inland Seas, Great Lakes Historical Society
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Edward J. Dowling Collection
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-21 10:04:10