- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1897, Sep Carried 173,000 bushels oats & 122,000 bushels corn from Chicago, IL.
- 1897, Sep 7 Aground at Buffalo, Lake Erie.
- 1898, Sep Carried 6,100 tons grain.
- 1899 406 x 48 x 28.
- 1899 Owned American Steel Wire Co.
- 1901 Owned Attsburg Steam Ship Co., City Line.
- 1911, Jun 9 Aground Southeast Shoal, Lake Erie.
- 1916, Jul 31 Collision with steamer SIERRA at Algonac, St. Clair River.
- 1925 Reboilered 2 Babcock & Wilcox watertube boilers; 250# steam; coal fired.
- 1927 Owned G.A. Tomlinson, Pittsburgh, PA; renamed SUMATRA; Empire Steamship Co.
- 1929 Rebuilt; made a self-unloader; 165' boom by American Steam Boat Co., Lorain, OH; 413'8" x 48 x 28; 4160 gross / 3310 net tons; owned Sumatra Steamship Co., G.A. Tomlinson, manager.
- 1954 Owned Tomlinson Fleet Corp, Cleveland, OH.
- 1962 Sold Canadian C316013; renamed DOLOMITE, owned Law Quarries Shipping, Ltd, Port Colborne, ONT.
- 1967 Chartered to Baywater Shipping Co.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Newspaper Clippings
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- Bowling Green State University
- American Bureau of Shipping
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-21 10:03:24
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio