- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Old Style
- 393 15/95
- 350 tons
History and Notes
- 1861, Feb 27 Launched.
- 1861, Apr 15 Enrolled Cleveland, OH.
- 1862, Oct Ashore Presque Isle, Lake Huron with flour.
- 1864, May 1 Readmeasured 135 x 25.7 x 10.8; 479.73 tons.
- 1866 Tri-weekly runs Ogdensburg, NY, Detroit, MI & Lake Michigan.
- 1866, Sep Broke Machinery at Pultneyville, Lake Ontario; repaired.
- 1868 350 ton capacity.
- 1869 Ran Ogdensburg & Chicago, IL daily line.
- 1869, May Broke machinery at Detroit; repaired.
- 1870 Lake Michigan line.
- 1871, Oct Machinery disabled Lake Huron; repaired Detroit, MI.
- 1871 10 round trips Lake Superior.
- 1871, Oct Aground Point aux Barques, Lake Huron.
- 1872, Oct Collision with schooner CONRAD REID.
- 1873, Jul Stuck on river near Kingston, ONT; partially filled with water.
- 1873, Jul 11 Sunk at Gananoque, St. Lawrence River.
- 1876, Mar 23 Owned Northern Transit Co., Rockport, OH.
- 1879, Aug 28 Same owners, Glen Haven, MI; homeport Grand Haven, MI.
- 1880 Ran Cleveland, OH - Sarnia, ONT.
- 1881, May 6 Owned John Hurley, Detroit, MI; rebuilt as steambarge for lumber trade; 1 deck, 1 mast; 136.6 x 25.7 x 10.8; 265.32 gross tons; 188.08 net tons; towed several barges for next 10 yrs.
- 1882 Repaired; boiler rebuilt.
- 1885, May Chartered to load lumber at Tawas, MI for Cleveland, OH.
- 1887, Oct Grounded White Shoals; damaged.
- 1888, May 10 Owned L.P. Mason et al; E. Saginaw, MI.
- 1889, Mar 11 Owned John Homegardner et al; Sandusky, OH.
- 1895, Mar Owned Theodore Greetham, Detroit, MI.
- 1897, May 15 Abandoned.
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Newspaper Clippings
- Lytle List
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- C. Patrick Labadie
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number