- Propulsion Type
- 143' 9"
- 9' 3"
- Tonnage Old Style
- 249 40/95
History and Notes
- 1862, Mar Launched.
- 1862, Jun 7 Enrolled Detroit, MI.
- 1863, Sep 26 Disabled machinery, St. Clair River; towed by steamer FOX.
- 1865 Readmeasured 146.5' x 14.4' x 8.8', 189 gross tons.
- 1866, May 11 Owned Warner E. Deal, et al, Winona (West Bay City), MI; towed logs in Saginaw Bay & River.
- 1867, Aug 31 Owned Henry W. Sage, et al, West Bay City; 189.89 gross tons, 159.35 net tons.
- 1875 Rebuilt by William Crosthwaite & Co., Bay City; 144' x 22.5' x 9', 215.6 gross tons.
- 1878, Jul 10 Owned Dean Savage, Albany & William H. Sage, New York, NY.
- 1879, May 8 Owned William Mitchell & Benjamin Boutell, Bay City.
- 1880, Aug Aground, Vail's Shoal, Georgian Bay, Lake Huron.
- 1887 Owned Cornelius D. Flynn & John A. Howard, Duluth, MN; excursion steamer.
- 1888, Mar 26 Owned Lizzie J. Brower et al, Holland, MI; open upper deck installed, new cabins.
- 1890, Nov General rebuild & overhaul by Williams, Daugherty, & Upham, Duluth.
- 1891, May 26 Owned W.R. Durfree, Ashland, WI; towed logs on Chequamegon Bay.
- 1891, May 19 Blew plate out of boiler.
- 1891, Nov 7 Attempted salvage of PEWABIC, one lost.
- 1892, May 6 Salvage attempt on PEWABIC.
- 1902, Mar 9 Abandoned, Ashland, WI.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Peter J. VanderLinden
- National Archives
- Marine Directory, R.L. Polk Co., Detroit
- Lytle List
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Fred Trelfa
- F.E. Hamilton
- Erik Heyl, Early
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-21 09:58:21
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio