- Original Owner
- L. Luce, Geroge Briston, & James Gregg
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1867, Aug 8 Enrolled Sandusky, OH.
- 1868, Mar 27 Owned Peter Fox, et al, North Bass Island, enrolled Sandusky, OH; 144 gross / 114.79 net tons.
- 1869, May 24 Owned The Rier & Lake Shore Steam Boat Line of Detroit; ran Port Huron - multiple lake shore ports.
- 1869, Nov Damaged by collision at Saginaw.
- 1870 Ran Bay City - Au Sable, MI.
- 1871 Ran Saginaw, MI - Alpena, MI.
- 1873, Apr 11 Owned John Pridgeon, John Demass, Detroit et al.
- 1874 Chartered by Magner & Co. to run their circus show to the Lakes.
- 1874 Ran Detroit - Port Huron, MI.
- 1875, Feb 23 Owned S. Gardner, Detroit.
- 1875, Apr Sunk by ice in Detroit River; raised.
- 1875, Jun 16 Owned H.L. Brown & J.B. Scott, Detroit, MI.
- 1875, Sep 17 Vessel converted from sidewheel steamer to screw propeller at Ballentines Shipyard, Bay City, MI; ran Bay City - Au Sable, MI.
- 1877 Ran Chicago - South Haven, MI; triweekly trips.
- 1877, May 30 New cabins; planned to run Collingwood, ONT - Sault Ste. Marie, MI for Northern Railway; renamed MIDLAND, but not official as vessel burned by arson before completion.
- 1877, Aug 18 Burned Fox's Dock, Windsor, ONT, Detroit River; had been chartered by Midland Railway.
- 1877, Nov Raised; to be rebuilt at Detroit, MI siezed by US Marshall.
- 1883, Jun 30 Documents surrendered, vessel out of commission.
- 1884 Sunk Springwells (Ecorse, MI) Detroit River; rebuilt Detroit; reengined from propeller HENRY HOWARD.
- 1886, Jul 31 Relaunched.
- 1886, Sep 25 Owned Sarah E. Hudson, Detroit; rebuilt one deck, no masts; 124 x 20.1 x 6.8; 106.7 gross / 55.94 net tons.
- 1890, Mar Burned Ribinets Canal, Sandwich, ONT; rebuilt Detroit, MI.
- 1890, Aug 20 Owned Patrick O'Day, Buffalo, NY.
- 1897, Mar 15 Out of commission; broken up.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Newspaper Clippings
- Lytle List
- List of Merchant Vessels of the United States
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Great Lakes Register
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-21 09:57:32
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio