- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1904 Overhauled & remodeled, Port Huron, MI.
- 1906, May 23 Owned Michigan Transportation Co., Michigan City, IN.
- 1907, Apr 12 Owned Eastland Steamship Co., Rocky River, OH.
- 1909, May 10 Owned Eastland Navigation Co., Rocky River.
- 1914, Jun 2 Owned St. Joseph-Chicago Steam Ship Co.,
- 1915, Jul 24 Capsized Chicago River with loss of 835 lives; worst disaster in Great Lakes history in terms of loss of life.
- 1916 Owned US Navy; rebuilt U.S. WILMETTE, a gunboat.
- 1917 - 18 Repaired Chicago, IL.
- 1948 Scrapped Chicago, IL.
- Steamboat Bill, Steamship Historical Society of America
- Peter J. VanderLinden
- Newspaper Clippings
- Inland Seas, Great Lakes Historical Society
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- American Bureau of Shipping
- Unique ID
- From postcard.
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-21 09:53:56
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio