- Sail Number Masts
- 10' 9"
- Tonnage Old Style
- 350 28/95
- 16,000 bushels
History and Notes
- 1861, May 14 First trip.
- 1861, May 20 Enrolled Chicago, IL.
- 1862, Oct Sprung mainmast on Lake Erie.
- 1864 Readmeasured 267 gross ton.
- 1865, Nov 2 Damaged centreboard on Lake Huron.
- 1866 Owned Tyler, Brown & Co., Chicago.
- 1869 261.72 gross tons.
- 1870, Apr 8 Owned Peter Taylor, Chicago.
- 1873, Aug 25 Stuck on Cove Island, Georgian Bay; rebuilt Detroit; ran to Chicago in grain trade.
- 1873, Sep 2 Sold as wreck to John Demass, Detroit, MI.
- 1873 Repaired.
- 1874, Mar 30 Owned William Christie, Erie, PA.
- 1875, Sep 22 Sunk, Lake Huron.
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Newspaper Clippings
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C.E. Feltner Enrollments Database
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-21 09:44:18
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio