- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Gross
- Final Location
- Grand Marais, MN.
- Lake Superior.
- Final Date Month
- Final Date Day
- Final Date Year
- Final How
- Final Notes
- 1906, Oct 29 Went to pieces in storm.
- 1906, Dec 10 Waterlogged on Lake Superior with coal & baled hay; towed into Grand Marais & abandoned behind west breakwater.
History and Notes
- 1882 Owned Lawson et al, Port Stanley, ONT.
- 1882, May 3 Registered Goderich, ONT; owned Acheson, Mcgaw & Lawson.
- 1884 Owned George Ackum.
- 1885, Aug 2 Wrecked Racine, WI.
- 1886 Owned Atchison et al.
- 1886, May 26 Moored without owner, Chicago, IL.
- 1886, Jul Auctioned off to J.S. Dunham for $1,225.
- 1886, Sep 23 Canadian registry closed, Goderich, ONT; "Wrecked near Racine, WI, abandoned by owners, towed to Chicago & rebuilt" (as a barge, 1885); renamed OAKLAND but never sailed under that name.
- 1888 US135898, 330.44 gross / 309.51 net tons; owned Frank Bodin, Chicago.
- 1891 Owned J. Greenwood, Chicago.
- 1891 Owned James Keenan, Chicago.
- 1897 330 gross tons; owned J. Christensen, Milwaukee, WI.
- 1905 Unrigged barge; 330 gross / 309 net tons.
- 1906, Dec 10 Abandoned, Grand Marais, MN.
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Newspaper Clippings
- Lachlan Macrae
- Inland Lloyds Marine Directory
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Great Lakes Register
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Canadian Sessional Papers
- Canadian Registers
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-21 09:39:08
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio