- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1892, Dec Launched; cost $225,000.
- 1894, Jul 30 Set cargo records of 4,252 tons hard coal, 4,364 tons ore, 150,000 bushels wheat.
- 1895, May 2 Aground Hay Lake, St. Mary's River.
- 1896, Aug 5 Aground Buffalo, Lake Erie.
- 1897 Repaired, Cleveland, OH.
- 1899 Repaired, Detroit Dry Dock Co.
- 1905 Owned Lake Transit Co, Buffalo, NY.
- 1910, May 31 Wedged in bridge draw at Chicago with another boat.
- 1911 Owned Lake Transit Co, Buffalo, NY.
- 1913 Made a bulk freighter at American Shipyard, Buffalo, NY.
- 1915, Oct 4 Aground off Ashtabula, OH.
- 1916 Left the Lakes, went to Atlantic Coast; owned Castner, Curran & Bullet, Boston, MA, managed by Coastwise Steamship Co.
- 1927 Owned Heald - Hall Transportation Co, Boston; stranded on rocky reef at Vineyard Sound, Atlantic Ocean, bound Boston, MA - Norfolk, VA; renamed HALL.
- 1930 Owned Wellhart Steamship Co, Boston; renamed WELLHART.
- 1945 Scrapped, Boston, MA or Baltimore, MD.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- John O. Greenwood
- Great Lakes Register
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- Donald V. Baut
- Bowling Green State University
- Unique ID
- Louis Pesha
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-21 09:30:24
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio