- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1886, Sep 20 Enrolled Detroit; towed barge JOHN SHAW.
- 1888, Apr 16 Owned Eddy Transportation Co., Hampton, MI, Charles A. Eddy; ran Duluth - Buffalo in grain trade.
- 1892, Mar 3 Owned Sulphite Fibre Transportation Co., Delray, MI.
- 1894, Nov 14 Her tow, schooner JOHN SHAW foundered off AuSable, MI, Lake Huron.
- 1895, Nov 8 Ashore at Grosse Point; released.
- 1897, Mar 31 Owned Dry Dock Navigation Co., Utica, MI.
- 1898 Towed CHARLES FOSTER.
- 1899 Rebuilt.
- 1900, Jan 13 Owned Tonawanda Iron & Steel Co., North Tonawanda, NY; towed B.L. PENNINGTON.
- 1913 Dismantled; rebuilt as tow barge.
- 1916, Feb 9 Owned Pringle Barge Line Co., Mentor Special District, OH.
- 1920, Nov 13 Foundered, Lake Erie.
- Peter J. VanderLinden
- Newspaper Clippings
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Great Lakes Register
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Bowling Green State University
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-21 09:26:57
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio