- Sail Number Masts
- 23' 6"
- 9' 10"
- Tonnage Old Style
- 230 83/95
History and Notes
- 1852, Sep 26 Ran Milan, OH - Buffalo, NY with staves & wool.
- 1853 Ran on new line Buffalo - Chicago, IL.
- 1854 Owned at Sandusky, OH.
- 1856, Aug Leaked; cargo railroad iron; repaired Detroit.
- 1860 Owned E. Bates, Milan.
- 1862 Large repairs.
- 1863 Owned J.W. Brown, Chicago.
- 1865 192 gross tons.
- 1866 Owned Jones & Myers, Buffalo.
- 1866, Sep Lost sails & rigging, Green Bay, Lake Michigan.
- 1868 192.58 gross tons, Racine District.
- 1869, Nov 20 Broke moorings, holed & sank at Kenosha, WI.
- 1870 Major repairs.
- 1871 Owned W.B. Selkirk, Racine, WI.
- 1871, Oct Burned in Chicago fire.
- 1874 Rebuilt.
- 1876 Owned Hanson, Waukegan, IL.
- 1877, Oct 11 Sprang leak & sank at Manitowoc, WI; repaired.
- 1880, Oct 16 Aground, Ludington, Lake Michigan; released by tug WHEELER.
- 1882, Nov 24 Wrecked Lake Michigan with schooner SIGEL.
- Newspaper Clippings
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C.E. Feltner Enrollments Database
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio