- Propulsion Type
- 93' 10"
- 18' 2"
- 8' 7"
- Tonnage Old Style
- 136 12/95
History and Notes
- 1852, Sep 11 Enrolled Buffalo, NY; ran to Detroit.
- 1853, Apr 22 Owned Sam M. Johnson, Chicago, IL & Edward R. Blackwell, Buffalo.
- 1853, Jun 1 Boiler explosion, broke in two at Chicago.
- 1853, Jun Raised, rebuilt at Doolittle & Miller Shipyard, launched Oct 26.
- 1854, Sep Ashore in gale off Michigan City, IN.
- 1855, May 7 Owned Edward Shepard, Detroit, MI.
- 1856, May 12 Owned G. Tellers & E. Shepard, Detroit.
- 1856, Oct Machinery Broke, St. Clair Flats.
- 1857, Apr 30 Owned John McAllister, Detroit.
- 1858, Jun 15 Owned Louis P. Trempe, Sault Ste. Marie.
- 1860, Aug 10 Rebuilt & enlarged.
- 1865 Readmeasured, 92 gross tons.
- 1865, Jul 27 Owned Louie M. Tremphe, Detroit.
- 1865, Oct Sprang leak & sank, Cleveland, OH harbor.
- 1868, Jul 8 Owned S.B. Grummont, Detroit.
- 1870, Mar 22 Owned Eliza Ellen Dibble, Detroit.
- 1870, Aug 14 Overhauled.
- 1871, Sep 11 Damaged in collision with tug BALLENTINE at Port Huron, MI.
- 1871, Oct 20 Burned to waterline at Lakeport, Lake Huron; converted to steambarge, 93 gross tons.
- 1871 Owned J.B. Scott, Detroit.
- 1872 Towed H.S. WALBRIDGE.
- 1872, Oct 29 Wrecked, Lake Erie.
- Newspaper Clippings
- Lytle List
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C.E. Feltner Enrollments Database
- C. Patrick Labadie
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-21 09:23:33
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio