- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1865 Owned H. McLennan & Co., Montreal, QUE; ran Montreal - Chicago, IL.
- 1868, Nov Grounded Port Stanley, ONT; repaired Detroit, MI.
- 1869 Inspected Kingston, ONT; 348 gross tons.
- 1870, Dec Disabled in gale breaking 2 buckets.
- 1871 Owned McKay et al; largest consignment received in Detroit - 17 miles of chain.
- 1872, Jul Ran on shoal near Gananoque, ONT.
- 1873 Owned Zealand et al, Montreal, QUE.
- 1873 Owned Craig & Co., Montreal, QUE; 319 tons.
- 1874 Ran Toledo, OH to Pt. Colborne, ONT & Montreal, QUE; 16,000 bushels grain.
- 1875 Ran Montreal & Chatham, ONT on Dominion Line.
- 1875 Owned McLellan et al, Montreal.
- 1876 Repaired.
- 1877 Owned G. Tait, Bowmanville, ONT; 137.1 x 26.2 x 11.9; 347 gross / 218 net tons.
- 1876, Nov Siezed by US Marshall; judgement from incident of previous summer when EAST ran down & sank tug JOE MAC failing to rescue crew.
- 1878 Rebuilt as barge; renamed KENT; 137 tons; owned Seymour & Co., Ogdensburg, NY.
- 1884 Owned Ogdensburg Coal & Tow Co.
- 1885 Sank.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- Marine Directory, R.L. Polk Co., Detroit
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Donald V. Baut
- Canadian Sessional Papers
- Canadian List of Shipping
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine
- Unique ID
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio