- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
- 530,000' lumber
- Final Location
- Manitou Island.
- Lake Michigan.
- Final Date Month
- Final Date Day
- Final Date Year
- Final How
- Waterlogged & beached.
- Final Notes
- Bound Boyne City - Chicago, IL.
- Sprang leak in storm, ran ashore to save crew; abandoned & broken up.
- Crew saved by Manitou Lifesaving Service.
- 1996 Wreck discovered.
History and Notes
- 1888, May 3 First enrolled Milwaukee, WI.
- 1888, May - Jun Towed barges HALSTED & GREY OAK; carrying railroad ties.
- 1888, Jun 22 Aground with HALSTED in Burlington Bay, MN; no major damages.
- 1889, Mar 4 Owned John Spry Lumber Co., Chicago, IL.
- 1890, Spring Towed J.F. JOHNSON; carrying coal from Buffalo, NY - Chicago.
- 1890, Jun Towed barages JOHN MOTT & E.P. ROYCE, ran Chicago - Port Huron, MI in lumber trade.
- 1892, Apr 12 Renamed JOHN SPRY.
- 1893, Jul Towed JOHNSON.
- 1898, May 27 Arrived Sault St. Marie, MI with broken engine.
- 1898, Jun 3 Towed by tug GLADIATOR to Milwaukee for repair.
- 1898, Oct Towed barge ST. LAWRENCE.
- 1899 - 1900 Towed JOHN T. JOHNSON.
- 1901, Apr 26 Owned William N. White, Boyne City, MI.
- 1902, Mar 14 Owned James A. White, Tonawanda, NY.
- 1903, Mar 25 Renamed THREE BROTHERS.
- 1906, Oct 17 Released after lighting part of cargoes at Detroit, MI.
- 1906 Ran in Duluth, MN & Tonawanda lumber trade; widened.
- 1910, Feb 25 Owned White Transportation Co., Buffalo, NY; engine 422hp.
- 1911, Sep 27 Wrecked, Lake Michigan.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- List of Merchant Vessels of the United States
- John O. Greenwood
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Great Lakes Register
- Gerry Metzler
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy|
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number