- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
- 2,700 tons
History and Notes
- 1885, May 15 Enrolled Cleveland, OH; named for president of Bee Line Railway; cost $160,000; ran as mate to propeller HENRY CHISHOLM in Lake Superior ore trade.
- 1886 Towed barges S.H. KIMBALL & H.J. WEBB.
- 1887, Aug 5 Round trip Cleveland to Escanaba, MI; 5 days, 2 hours.
- 1889, Mar 21 Owned William Chisholm et al, Cleveland.
- 1890, Aug 14 Collision with schooner MARC B. MITCHELL near Sault Ste. Marie; repaired Detour, MI.
- 1892, Jun 22 Holed on dock Marquette, MI; repaired Lake Shore Iron Works.
- 1895, Apr 6 Owned Nicholas Transit Co., Willoughby Township, OH.
- 1899, Jun 6 Owned William Chisholm et al, Cleveland, OH.
- 1906, Mar 7 Owned Alvah S. Chisholm et al, Collingwood, OH.
- 1907, Jun 5 Owned C.A. Hooper, San Fransisco, CA.
- 1907, Nov 1 Owned Metropolitan Coal Co., Boston, MA.
- 1912 Reboilered scotch 6 x 131 @ 130# steam by Newport News Ship Building, Virginia.
- 1923, Jun 28 Owned J. Norvell Mullen, Detroit, MI.
- 1924, Apr 9 Renamed JOHN MULLEN.
- 1931, Mar 16 Same owner Amherstburg, ONT.
- 1945 Scrapped, Indiana.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Newspaper Clippings
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Great Lakes Register
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- American Bureau of Shipping
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-21 08:43:32
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio