- Tonnage Old Style
- 126 58/95
History and Notes
- 1864, May 7 Launched Detroit, MI; first municipally owned ship recorded in cross river service; cost $16,000.
- 1864, Aug 19 Enrolled Detroit; ran Detroit River Windsor to Woodward Ave.
- 1868 Ran Sandwich (Windsor), ONT to Springwells, (Dearborn) MI; made a barge 58 gross tons.
- 1868, Jul Covered with boughs & foliage to shelter passengers from 100 degree heat.
- 1871 92.68 net tons; minor interest sold George King.
- 1871, Sep Collision with & sank ferry steamer GEORGE JEROME.
- 1874 Rebuilt Detroit Dry Dock Co.
- 1875, Sep 27 Burned Detroit River.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Peter J. VanderLinden
- Newspaper Clippings
- Lytle List
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- Donald V. Baut
- David S
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-21 08:32:20