- Original Owner
- Lawson, Howard & Co.
- 128' 6''
- 9' 10"
- Tonnage Old Style
- 293 71/95
History and Notes
- 1845, May 1 Launched.
- 1845, Jun 19 Enrolled Detroit, MI.
- 1845, Jul 11 Owned Degarmo Jones, Detroit.
- 1847, Nov 12 Owned Dwight Johnson, New York, NY $20,000.
- 1848 Ran Buffalo - Toledo, OH.
- 1848, Apr 25 Rescued crew & righted capsized schooner SCIOTO off Cattaraugus Creek, NY; towed to Buffalo.
- 1849, Apr 7 Owned Robert Montgomery et al, Buffalo.
- 1849, Sep Collision with schooner WILLIAM.
- 1850 Overhauled & reengined.
- 1850 Ran New Buffalo, MI to Chicago, IL.
- 1851 Owned T.U. Bradbury et al, Buffalo; brief trade Lake Michigan; Sheboygan, WI, Manitowoc, WI & New Buffalo; returned to Lake Erie.
- 1853, Apr 2 Owned Charles Lee et al, Buffalo.
- 1853, Jul 2 Collision with steamer LOUISIANA, 20 miles above Cleveland, OH.
- 1854, Nov Sprung leak, damaged cargo, Buffalo.
- 1855, May 7 Owned American Transportation Co., Buffalo.
- 1856 Used as wrecker to work on hulk sidewheeler ATLANTIC, sunk off Longpoint, Lake Erie.
- 1856 Large repairs, Cobb & Co., Buffalo.
- 1856, Apr 11 Lake Erie Line taking passengers & freight.
- 1856, Jun 16 Owned Henry V. Corbett et al, Conneaut, NY.
- 1857 Sent to Lake Superior upper lakes trade until 1863.
- 1857, Feb 25 Ran Erie, PA, Cleveland, Sandusky, OH, Toledo, Detroit.
- 1857, Mar 12 Owned Wells D. Wallbridge et al, Buffalo.
- 1857, Apr 4 Owned Samuel Burt to carry Cleveland Iron Co. ore from Marquette, MI to Cleveland.
- 1857, May 12 Owned James S. Gibbs et al, Buffalo.
- 1857, Aug 17 Lost wheel on Lake Superior above Waiska Bay; towed by ECLIPSE to Sault for repairs.
- 1857, Oct Prop shaft broke; repaired Marquette.
- 1860, Apr 8 Ran Detroit to Alpena, MI.
- 1860, Sep Ran Detroit to Wallaceburg, ONT.
- 1860, Sep 28 Repaired Chicago for lumber trade.
- 1860, Nov 3 Full cargo, anchored Mud Lake for 2 days.
- 1862 Owned J.T. Whiting & Co., agents, Detroit.
- 1862, Apr 22 Owned Patrick E. Kean, Detroit.
- 1862, May 9 Received new arches & engines from M.B SPAULDING.
- 1860 Owned M.B. Kean, Detroit.
- 1863 Rebuilt as barge; US35052, 217.96 gross tons; 124 x 23.6 x 9.7'.
- 1866, Sep 27 Owned R.A. Alger, Detroit.
- 1867 Typical cargo 247,000' lumber & 25,000 shingles; Saginaw, MI to Toledo.
- 1868 Enrolled Detroit District; owned Paul Marlott, Wenona.
- 1870, Oct 19 Waterlogged in Straits & abandoned in storm Oct 16, 1870.
- 1872, Jul 9 Enrolled Port Huron, MI; owned T. Jerome, Saginaw.
- 1874, May 15 Foundered Lake Huron.
- Newspaper Clippings
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Erik Heyl, Early American Steamers
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Early American Steamers Vol IV
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-21 08:28:10