- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1882, Jul 22 Temporary enrollment as barge, Port Huron, MI.
- 1882, Aug 7 Enrolled Toledo, OH.
- 1883, Apr 24 Enrolled as propeller.
- 1884, Nov Ashore in gale near Huronia Beach.
- 1886, Dec Lengthened at Dunford & Alverson's drydock, Port Huron, MI.
- 1887, Mar 19 Readmeasured, one deck, 3 masts, 196.5' x 32.4' x 13.1'; 691.2 gross / 89.83 net tons.
- 1887, Aug Sank at dock, Black River; owned Nelson Holland, Buffalo.
- 1889, Mar 7 Enrolled Buffalo, NY; owned Nelson Holland, Buffalo.
- 1893, Oct 19 With ISABEL REED, T.S. FASSET & NELSON C. HOLLAND in tow, ashore near Cheboygan, MI in gale.
- 1897, May 16 Went ashore Canadian side Niagara River, smashed natural gas pipeline; released.
- 1899, Jun 27 Enrolled Niagara Falls, NY; owned Tonawanda Iron & Steel Co., North Tonawanda, NY.
- 1899 Fire box boiler by M. Riter, Buffalo, NY; 12' x 16'; 120#.
- 1907 May have gone to coast.
- 1910, Nov 21 Enrolled Chicago, IL; owned Edward Hines Lumber Co., Chicago.
- 1914, Nov 19 Foundered in storm.
- 1914, Dec 11 Documents surrendered.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Peter J. VanderLinden
- Newspaper Clippings
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Great Lakes Register
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 22:18:19
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio