- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
- 90,000 bushels; 2500 tons ore
History and Notes
- 1888, May 9 Enrolled Milwaukee, WI; duplicate of WILLIAM H. WOLFF; cost $150,000.
- 1888, Jul 16 Aground Sand Beach, MI, Lake Huron.
- 1888, Jul 18 Released after 600 tons iron ore thrown overboard.
- 1893, Apr 22 Owned Wisconsin S. S. Co., Milwaukee.
- 1895, Oct 25 Owned H. J. Pauly et al, Chicago.
- 1896, Jul 7 Owned Milwaukee.
- 1898 Towed MAXWELL.
- 1899, May 14 Aground on rocks Cana Island, Green Bay, Lake Michigan.
- 1899, May 20 Released by wrecker FAVORITE.
- 1905, May 25 Aground Round Island, St. Marys River.
- 1906, May 1 Owned James T. Rose et al, Duluth.
- 1910, Apr 15 Owned H. J. Pauly, Milwaukee.
- 1915 Towed BALTIC.
- 1917, Jan 17 Owned Fred G. Crosby, Milwaukee.
- 1917, Jan 20 Owned Davidson S. S. Co., Milwaukee; rebuilt for grain trade.
- 1917, Apr 25 Rebuilt West Yard, Milwaukee; readmeasured 285.8 x 42 x 23.5, 2,483 gross / 1,937 net tons.
- 1925, May 13 Owned Wisconsin & Michigan Transportation Co., Milwaukee.
- 1926, Feb 25 Owned Nicholson Transit Co., Wilmington, DE; used in automobile transport.
- 1927, Apr 28 Owned Nicholson Universal S. S. Co., Detroit.
- 1933, Jan Abandoned River Rouge, MI.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Great Lakes Register
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- Donald V. Baut
- American Bureau of Shipping
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-21 08:10:57
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio