- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- Built for salt & fresh water navigation.
- 1891, Dec 24 Launched.
- 1898, May 28 Owned U.S. Navy, Washington, D.C.
- 1898, Jun 2 Renamed USS FROLIC; ran mail to North Atlantic Squadron in Puerto Rico & Cuba until September; 165 x 25 x 10.3.
- 1901 Served with Asiatic Squadron & patrolled off Philippines.
- 1904 Patrolled off China.
- 1909, May 21 Renamed EL AGUILA; owned U.S. Army Quartermaster, Washington, D.C.; 185 x 24.4 x 13.1, 411 gross / 289 net tons; dispatch boat in Philippines.
- 1923 Owned Chau Chiaco, Chinese merchant; served on Yangtze River as private gunboat.
- Walter Lewis
- Newspaper Clippings
- Great Lakes Register
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Bowling Green State University
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 22:11:41
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio