- Tonnage Old Style
History and Notes
- 1867 May 28 Enrolled as new vessel at Grand Haven; owned Ira Chaffee, et. al., Allegan, to run Chicago & Allegan Tri-weekly.
- 1868 Mar 23 Owned William H. Bush; enrolled Chicago.
- 1871 Owned Chaffee et. al., Kalamazoo.
- 1874 Owned Jason McGregor, et. al., Marquette.
- 1876 Dec 8 Driven ashore near Chocolay during gale, broke in half; recovered May, 1877.
- 1877 Rebuilt at Detroit as steambarge; owned Jessie H. Farwell, et. al., Detroit; readmeasured 127.6 x 25.6 x 8.1', 193.62 gross & 116.12 net tons.
- 1875 Jul 22 Assisted in construction of Stannard Rock Light, Lake Superior.
- 1879 Sep 29 Sold to George E. Wasey, et. al., Detroit.
- 1880-81 Towed barge AGNES in lumber trade.
- 1882 Owned Oscoda Salt & Lumber Co., Detroit.
- 1886 Aug 5 Sold to John P. Sullivan, Detroit.
- 1889 Owned Comstock, et. al., Alpena.
- 1890 Towed Barges FILLMORE & MONITOR in lumber trade.
- 1891, Jul 11 Burned at dock, Sault Ste. Marie, while unloading coal.
- 1892 Sep 13 Documents surrendered.
- 1894, Aug Hull towed to Sturgeon Bay, WI & abandoned.
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Newspaper Clippings
- Lytle List
- Julius Wolff
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 22:05:14
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio