- Propulsion Type
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1868, Jun 6 Launched; enrolled Detroit, ran Detroit - Sandusky, OH route.
- 1872, Oct Stranded, Kellys Island, Lake Erie; released.
- 1878, Mar 25 Sandusky & Islands route.
- 1880, Jul 23 Broke wheel near Kelley's Island.
- 1880, Sep 30 Owned Sandusky & Islands Steamboat Co.
- 1881, Mar 16 Extensive repairs, Sandusky.
- 1882 Owned A. Wehrle, Put-in-Bay, OH.
- 1887, Jun 22 Broke walking beam.
- 1888 Rebuilt, staterooms removed; renamed CITY OF SANDUSKY.
- 1894, Jun 21 Dismantled; machinery into ARROW.
- 1894, Nov 6 Owned Harris W. Baker; lumber barge.
- 1894, Dec 1 Dismantled at Detroit, engine went into ARROW at Wyndotte, MI.
- 1895, Apr 17 Owned George A. Depuis, Detroit.
- 1900 Owned Hawley Brothers.
- 1905 Hull abandoned.
- 1908 Noted in 24th Street boneyard.
- 1908, Nov 1 Hull taken to Windmill Point, Lake St. Clair for breakwater.
- 1922, Oct 14 Burned.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Newspaper Clippings
- Marine Directory, R.L. Polk Co., Detroit
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- F.E. Hamilton
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 22:03:40
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio