- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
- 300,000 feet
History and Notes
- 1870, Jun 15 Ran Saginaw, MI - Ogdensburg, NY, towing barges.
- 1874 Repaired.
- 1874, May Machinery disabled at Detroit; repaired.
- 1875, May 8 Owned Philo E. Wright et al, Detroit.
- 1878, Aug 22 Damaged wheel, Lake Huron; received new wheel, Bay City, MI.
- 1880, Apr 7 Owned John A. Hamilton et al, E. Saginaw, MI.
- 1881, Jan 25 Owned Henry A. Hawgood et al, Milwaukee, WI.
- 1883 Major repair.
- 1883, Apr 19 Port Huron District; same owner, Bay City, MI; 298.76 gross / 211.42 net tons.
- 1884 Repaired.
- 1886, Nov 17 Grounded, China Beach, St. Clair River.
- 1888, Apr Rebuilt.
- 1889 Repaired.
- 1890, May 30 Fire damage, Buffalo, Lake Erie.
- 1891, Jun 16 Owned Hawgood & Avery Transit Co., Mantua, OH.
- 1894 Owned B. B. Inman, Duluth, MN; lumber & coal trade.
- 1894, Dec New boiler & 20 + 40 x 32 steeple compound engine.
- 1895, Jun 3 Capsized & sank with DUNCAN & BREWSTER MILL, 17 feet water.
- 1896 Recovered copper ignots at Isle Royale from CENTURION.
- 1897, May 26 Owned Gertrude O. Flynn, Duluth, MN; made a barge; 298.76 gross & net tons; used as lighter.
- 1899 Received engine from J. EMORY OWEN (1887).
- 1899, May 5 Owned John H. Clow, Duluth, MN.
- 1899, Jul 31 Owned John H. Clow & William H. Nicholson (Nicholson Transportation Co.), Duluth, MN; made a steamer for coal & lumber trade; 298.76 gross / 211.42 net tons.
- 1901 Rebuilt & reengined from machinery of BON VOYAGE (1891).
- 1902, Jun 3 Rebuilt at Superior Ship Building Co., 135 x 27.4 x 11.8; 427 gross / 305 net tons.
- 1903, Apr Chartered, Coolidge Fuel & Supply Co., Minneapolis, MN.
- 1903, Apr 29 Wrecked, Lake Superior.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Peter J. VanderLinden
- Newspaper Clippings
- Marine Directory, R.L. Polk Co., Detroit
- John O. Greenwood
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 21:45:49
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio