- Original Owner
- Canadian Navigation Co.
- Propulsion Type
- Tonnage Gross
History and Notes
- Built at Glasgow, Scotland; shipped over in pieces, assembled Montreal.
- 1870, Oct 22 Launched Montreal, QUE.
- 1873 Owned Inland Navigatiobn Co., Montreal, QUE.
- 1874 Owned Canadian Navigation Co.
- 1875 490 gross tons.
- 1878 Owned Richelieu and Ontario Navigation Co.; 1203 gross / 714 net tons.
- 1897 Rebuilt 179 x 27 x 11.
- 1905 Renamed PICTON.
- 1907, Sep 21 Burned at her dock, Toronto, ONT; loss of 1 life; later recovered and sold American as a barge (US167791?).
- 1908 Converted to bulk freight barge at Polson Iron Works, Toronto, ONT; 190 x 27 x 11'2".
- 1934 Out of registry exempt.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- Inland Lloyds’ Marine Directory
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Canadian Sessional Papers
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 21:27:56