- Propulsion Type
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
- 6680 net tons
History and Notes
- 1896, Feb Launched; largest vessel built on lakes at the time.
- 1896, May 5 Carried record cargo of 4,869 tons iron ore on maiden voyage from Escanaba.
- 1898, Aug In collision with steamer MAGGIE DUNCAN on Lake St. Clair; both damaged, able to proceed.
- 1898, Aug Ashore Bar Point, Lake Erie.
- 1899, Jul Owned National Steel Co.
- 1901 Owned Pittsburgh Steamship Co., Cleveland.
- 1905, Nov 23 or 28 Aground Point Isabelle, Keweenaw Peninsula, Lake Superior; repaired.
- 1907 Reboilered with 2 induced draft scotch boilers 14'6" x 11'6"; 180# steam, American Shipbuilding Co, Cleveland.
- 1916, Aug 15 Collided with steamer B.F. BERRY, St. Mary's River.
- 1919 Tonnage change 4349 gross / 3264 net tons.
- 1920 Rebuilt with house on forecastle.
- 1927 Owned Nicholson - Universal Steamship Co, Detroit; rebuilt as auto carrier at Great Lakes Engineering Works, River Rouge.
- 1941 Converted to auto carrier & bulk freighter at Great Lakes Engineering Works.
- 1942 Converted again as strictly bulk carrier by G.A. Henrickson Co, Cleveland.
- 1943 Owned U.S. War Shipping Administration (Overlakes Freight Corp, Managers, Detroit).
- 1947 Owned Overlakes Freight Corp (T.H. Browning Steamship Co, Managers, Detroit).
- c1949 Owned Troy H. Browning Steamship Co.; renamed T.H. BROWNING.
- 1952 Renamed L.D. BROWNING.
- 1953 - 54 Converted to oil burner.
- 1955 Owned Continental Grain Co. for storage barge, (Beta Lake Ship Co, Inc.) Buffalo; decommissioned, propeller removed.
- 1960 Tonnage change 4442 gross / 4325 net tons.
- 1962, Apr Owned Marine Salvage Ltd, Port Colborne, ONT.
- 1965, Aug - Sep Scrapped Hamilton, ONT.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Newspaper Clippings
- Marine Historical Society of Detroit
- John O. Greenwood
- Great Lakes Ships We Remember
- Donald V. Baut
- Burton Collection
- American Bureau of Shipping
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number