- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
- 2,500 tons
History and Notes
- Similar to CORONA.
- 1889, Jul Cargo of 3,134 net tons ore equivalent to 129,297 bushels corn; largest load ever carried on great lakes to date.
- 1890, Jul Speed record 15.5 mile gait.
- 1891, Jul Fastest time by ore boat; Ashland to Cleveland and return 43 hours.
- 1893, Jun Collision with CORSICAN in fog near Alpena, MI; grounded just below Ossineke, MI.
- 1894, Oct 22 Rudder broken at Soo.
- 1899, Jul Owned National Steel Co.
- 1916 To the Atlantic.
- 1927 Abandoned.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Great Lakes Register
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 21:24:05
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio