- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
- 3,000 tons
History and Notes
- Similar to Corsica.
- 1888, Jun 14 Launched Globe Works yards, Cleveland, OH.
- 1898 Ran on shool near Mackinaw City.
- 1899 292 x 40 x 24.6'
- 1901 Owned Pittsburg Steam Ship Co.
- 1912 Owned Canadian Northwest Steam Ship Co.; renamed PAIPOONGE C130840, 2517 gross / 1565 net tons.
- 1914 (abt) Assumed into Montreal Transportation Co.; paired with THUNDER BAY in grain trade.
- 1918, Oct 15 Acquired for wartime service in Atlantic; laid up at Montreal as war ended.
- 1920 Rebuilt Montreal; sent to coast; 2545 gross / 1478 net tons.
- 1925 Owned Norwegian party; renamed DORTE JENSEN.
- 1930 Latvian owners; renamed KAUPO; deep sea service.
- 1940, Jun 10 Sunk as blockade ship off Dieppe, France.
- 1947 Dropped from registery.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Telescope, Great Lakes Maritime Institute
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- Unique ID
- Louis Pesha
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 21:17:02
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
- Add to Portfolio