- Original Owner
- Pittsburg Steam Ship Co. (camegie)
- Propulsion Type
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1900, Jul 10 Launched; each ship of this fleet named for a famous university.
- 1901 Owned Pittsburg SS Co. (USS).
- 1913, Nov 8 Weathered great storm of 1913 with great difficulty on Lake Superior.
- 1954 Owned Neptune Steamship Co., renamed NEPTUNE.
- 1958 Renamed CORNELL.
- 1960 Owned Jupiter Steamship Co.
- 1961 Owned Western Steel International Corp.
- 1961, Dec 14 Sold for scrap to Tehnopromet, Yug.; scrapped at Dubrovinik, Yugoslavia.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- American Bureau of Shipping
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 21:13:28
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio