- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Gross
- 250,000' lumber
History and Notes
- 1876, Mar 30 Launched.
- 1878, May 14 Readmeasured 131 x 27 x 9; 252.48 gross / 239.86 net tons.
- 1880, Nov 5 Stranded Shermans Bay; released 4 days later.
- c1884 - 1890 Carried lumber for Truman - Cooper Lumber & Flour Mill.
- 1884, Aug 29 Ashore Port Sanilac, MI with cargo of lumber; released.
- 1888 Same owner; enrolled Milwaukee.
- 1890 Owned Ole Groh, Milwaukee.
- 1894, Mar 7 Owned Ole Groh, et al, Milwaukee.
- 1894 Apr 9 Dragged ashore Sheboygan; wrecked.
- 1894, Apr 12 Documents surrendered Milwaukee; total loss.
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Newspaper Clippings
- Marine Directory, R.L. Polk Co., Detroit
- Inland Lloyds Marine Directory
- Harbor Centre, Sheboygan, WI
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C. Patrick Labadie
- Bowling Green State University
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 21:10:25
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio