- Propulsion Type
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
- 87,580+ bushels oats.
History and Notes
- 1867, Nov 23 Holed near Milwaukee, WI; beached.
- 1867 - 70 Ran Buffalo, Milwaukee, & Chicago for Commercial Line Steamers.
- 1870 - 73 Ran Buffalo, Milwaukee & Chicago line for Union Steamboat Co.
- 1873, Nov 4 Ashore Sleeping Bear Point, Lake Michigan.
- 1876 Repaired.
- 1877, Apr 14 Left Union Steamboat Co.
- 1877, May 5 Collided with & sank schooner R.J. GIBBS, Port Huron, MI.
- 1878 Ran Buffalo, Milwaukee, & Chicago for Commercial Line Steamers.
- 1878, Nov Aground Lime Kiln Crossing, Detroit River; released.
- 1881 Major repairs.
- 1883, Oct 1 Boiler explosion; several killed.
- 1884, Mar 29 Owned Capt. Maytham, Buffalo.
- 1884, May 10 Owned Donaldson Bros.
- 1884 Repaired from explosion; new engines & boilers; altered to carry bulk as well as package freight; 2 steeple engines: 20 & 36 x 36"; 2 fire box(?) boilers: 8' x 14", Stearns Manufacturing Co., Erie, PA.
- 1884, Sep 3 Owned Peter Miller et al, Buffalo, NY.
- 1884, Oct Ran for Ward's Detroit line doing flour trade.
- 1885, Aug 6 Broke cylinder off Long Point, Lake Erie.
- 1886, Mar Repaired Mill's Drydock, Buffalo; ran Green Bay & Chicago for Lackawanna & Green Bay Line.
- 1887, Apr 1 Owned W.F. Botsford & Co., Port Huron; ran Duluth & Port Huron with DEAN RICHMOND.
- 1888, May 18 Struck ice; stove hole in bow.
- 1889, Fall Ashore near Grand Haven, MI; both arches broken.
- 1889, Sep 11 Repaired Chicago.
- 1890, Spring Flour trade, Sarnia & W. Superior.
- 1890, Nov 22 Aground upper end of Lake George flats, St. Mary's River.
- 1891, Mar 29 Repaired Port Huron.
- 1891, May 6 Grounded Neebish, MI.
- 1891, May 16 Repaired Detroit, MI.
- 1893, May 26 Ashore near Gladstone, MI.
- 1894, Nov 21 Aground off Whitefish, MI.
- 1898, Sep 19 Stranded Sawtooth Reef, near Eagle River, MI.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Newspaper Clippings
- Lytle List
- Erik Heyl, Early American Steamers
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Burton Collection
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 21:01:32