- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1893, Mar 2 Keel laid, F.W. Wheelers 100th vessel.
- 1893, Aug 31 Launched.
- 1893 On grain & flour run, Buffalo - Duluth; broke all speed & load records.
- 1893, Nov Aground Round Island, Lake Michigan.
- 1895, Oct 26 Aground in storm near Melagerie Light, Isle Royale; released after dumping 1,000 tons flour & 500 tons copper.
- 1895, Nov 9 Dry dock Superior, WI, for extensive repairs to bottom (60 plates replaced).
- 1898, Jul 19 Charter to Nye, Jenks & Co. on Buffalo & Washburn, WI run.
- 1898, Aug 25 In collision with steamer J.D.MARSHALL, St. Clair River.
- 1913 Rebuilt Great Lakes Engineering Works, Ashtabula, OH; converted to bulk freight only.
- 1919 Renamed ALEX B. UHRIG; owned Mentor Transportation Co., Cleveland.
- 1923 Owned Reiss S.S. Co., Sheboygan , WI.
- 1927 Given deck crane at Owen Sound, ONT. by Wm. Kennedy & Sons, Ltd.
- 1931 Rebuilt, 3257 gross tons, 2011 net by Toledo S.B. Co.
- 1943 Traded to Maritime Commission.
- 1945 Part of U.S. War Shipping Administration.
- 1946 Sold for scrap.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- THOM HOLDEN
- Peter J. VanderLinden
- Newspaper Clippings
- Great Lakes Register
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- American Bureau of Shipping
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 20:51:34