- Original Owner Location
- Buffalo, NY.
- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Old Style
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1857 Enrolled Buffalo, NY.
- 1857, Oct 16 Ashore Cedar Point, Lake Erie; lost fore & main topmasts.
- 1857, Oct 27 Towed to Buffalo, NY by propeller ECLIPSE.
- 1859 Dismasted, sails blown out near Saugeen, Lake Huron.
- 1859, Oct 7 Wrecked off Oswego, NY.
- 1860 Owned L.H. Pratt, Buffalo.
- 1863 Owned H.F. Merry & L.H. Pratt, Buffalo.
- 1866 Owned Winslow & Smith, Buffalo.
- 1870 Cleared Cleveland, OH with 2 locomotives for Marquette, MI.
- 1871 Owned Burton, Cleveland, OH.
- 1872 New deck.
- 1873 Owned Whitbeck & Co., Chicago, IL.
- 1879 Owned Giffney, Chicago.
- 1884 Owned A.G. VanSchaick, Chicago.
- 1887, Apr 12 Rebuilt at Sheboyban, WI as a schooner.
- 1887, May Lost main boom & sail, jib topsail, jib & forgaff topsail in gale on Lake Michigan.
- 1888 Recaulked, rebuilt.
- 1889 Owned Ed Mullen, Chicago.
- 1891 Rebuilt.
- 1895, Sep 27 Ashore at Seul Choix, Manistique, MI; released after Oct 16.
- 1899 Owned Eph Nelson, Chicago.
- 1901 Owned Ed Mullen, Cheboygan, MI
- 1904 Owned F.B. Higgie, Chicago.
- 1905 Owned George H. Flood, Chicago.
- 1905, Oct 21 Sank, Sandusky Bay inside Cedar Point, OH; later recovered.
- 1908 Rebuilt at Ship Owners Dry Dock, Chicago.
- 1909 Capsized off Sheboygan, WI.
- Newspaper Clippings
- Marine Directory, R.L. Polk Co., Detroit
- List of Merchant Vessels of the United States
- John O. Greenwood
- Inland Lloyds Marine Directory
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Great Lakes Register
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Beesons Marine Directory
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 20:43:53
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio