- Propulsion Type
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1885, Jul 15 Launched; ran Detroit, MI - Toledo, OH, possibly Alpena, MI.
- 1885 Winter Rebuilt; shaft lowered & wheels reduced in size.
- 1886, May 8 Owned Darius Cole, Detroit & Globe Iron Works, Cleveland; ran Toledo, Detroit & Port Huron, MI.
- 1888 Rebuilt; walking beam raised.
- 1898, Jun 20 Broke down on Detroit River; towed to Amherstburg, ONT.
- 1899, Oct 10 Owned H. W. Williams Transportation Line, South Haven; ran Chicago, IL - South Haven.
- 1902 New wheels installed; cabins remodeled.
- 1902, Jun 4 Owned Adelbert R. Lee, Detroit, MI.
- 1906, May 7 Renamed HURON; ran Georgian Bay - Cleveland.
- 1906, Jun 4 Owned Darius Cole Transportation Co.
- 1917, Mar 26 Owned Interlake Auto Transportation Co., Toledo.
- 1918, Aug Ran Toledo - Cleveland, OH.
- 1900, Aug Broke down Lake Michigan bound Chicago - South Haven.
- 1921, Apr 21 Owned Darius Cole Transportation Co.
- 1921, Aug 13 Owned Western Reserve Navigation Co., Mentor, OH; renamed COLONIAL.
- 1922 Rebuilt, given feathering wheels from wrecked Canadian steamer ALEXANDRIA; ran Cleveland - Port Stanley.
- 1925, Sep 1 Bound Erie - Dunkirk, NY, burned off Barcelona, NY, carrying excursionists; towed Dukirk; 3 lives lost.
- 1928, Apr 18 Washed ashore & scrapped.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Telescope, Great Lakes Maritime Institute
- Steamboat Bill, Steamship Historical Society of America
- Red Book
- Newspaper Clippings
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- Jack Messmer
- Inland Lloyds Marine Directory
- H.G. Runge Col
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio