- Propulsion Type
- 196' 7"
- 27' 8"
- Tonnage Old Style
- 574 30/95
- Final Location
- Two Hearted River, MI.
- Lake Superior.
- Final Date Month
- Final Date Day
- Final Date Year
- Final How
- Driven ashore in storm.
- Final Notes
- 1866, Jun or Jul Reportedly released & towed to Cleveland, OH to be dismantled and/or converted into barge.
- Reportedly engine into GARDEN CITY and/or SHEBOYGAN, though neither record matches.
History and Notes
- 1853 Ran Detroit, MI - Cleveland, OH.
- 1853, May 26 Collided with schooner LUTHER WRIGHT in Detroit River.
- 1854 Chartered by Clements Line; ran Cleveland - Chicago, IL.
- 1855, Oct Burst condenser near Green Bay, WI.
- 1856 Ran Chicago - Milwaukee, WI - Sheboygan, WI.
- 1856, Jun 23 Owned Clement Steamboat Co., Milwaukee.
- 1857, Nov Collided with propeller WABASH VALLEY at Green Bay, WI.
- 1857, Nov 19 Damaged hull & cargo in Lake Michigan storm.
- 1858 Ran Milwaukee - Two Rivers - Manitowoc, WI.
- 1858, Sep Chartered by D & M Railway; ran Milwaukee to Grand Haven, MI; broke shaft & towed to Milwaukee for repairs.
- 1858, Nov Collided with schooner FRED HILL off Grand Haven.
- 1859, Mar Broke shaft on Lake Michigan; overhauled.
- 1860, Mar Ran Lake Shore Line - Chicago, Milwaukee, Two Rivers.
- 1860, Jun Ran Lake Superior Line from Cleveland / Detroit.
- 1860, Jul 6 First sidewheel steamer to Houghton, MI.
- 1861 Large repairs.
- 1861, Jul 9 Owned John Hutchings, Detroit.
- 1862, Mar Chartered by Michigan Central Railroad; ran Cleveland - Detroit.
- 1862, Sep Ran Chicago - Lake Superior.
- 1862, Oct 8 Aground Manitow Island, Lake Michigan; cattle, plows, etc. thrown overboard.
- 1863, May Struck rock & sank at Eagle Harbor, Lake Superior; towed to Detroit for major repairs.
- 1864 Ran Cleveland - Lake Superior.
- 1864, Oct Wrecked.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Peter J. VanderLinden
- Newspaper Clippings
- National Archives
- Lytle List
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- Erik Heyl, Early American Steamers
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C. Patrick Labad
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number