- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- Built to replace ZIMMERMAN (1854) burned 1863.
- 1864, Jul 26 Registered St. Catharine's, ONT; ran Toronto - Niagara.
- 1866, Jul 1 Took on 365 men at Toronto for Port Dalhouise during Fenian scare; 600 tons.
- 1870 403 gross tons, 255 net tons.
- 1871 Owned E. O'Keefe, Toronto; same route.
- 1873 Repaired, 615 gross tons.
- 1877 898 gross tons; 512 net tons.
- 1879 Stranded Niagara dock in heavy fog; laid up rest of season; 615 tons.
- 1882, Aug 1 Registered St. Catharine's, ONT; owned James Patterson Fortier, Niagara, ONT.
- 1882, Oct 2 Seized at Toronto, running without a license.
- 1883, Feb 1 Owned James H. Ingersoll, St Catharine's.
- 1883, Mar 29 Owned Milton A. Snyder, St Catharine's.
- 1883 Owned H.J. Daggett, Oswego, NY.
- 1883, Sep 22 Damaged in gale, Lake Ontario.
- 1883, Oct 31 Destroyed by fire.
- Newspaper Clippings
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Erik Heyl, Early American Steamers
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Canadian Sessional Papers
- Canadian Registers
- Canadian List of Shipping
- Board of Lake Und
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 20:02:39
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio