- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1881, May 14 Launched from Messrs Quayle & Sons; carried coal from Cleveland, OH - Chicago, IL.
- 1881, Jun Chartered, Lehigh Valley Transportation Co; coal from Cleveland - Chicago, grain from Chicago - Cleveland.
- 1881, Jun 8 Aground entrance of Ogden's canal, Chicago.
- 1882 Returned to Winslow fleet.
- 1882, Apr - May Series of 4 groundings; strayed into towline between JOHN B. LYON & her consort, slightly damaged steamer.
- 1883, May 19 Aground Adams Street Bridge, Chicago.
- 1883, May 24 Engine broke, Lake Huron.
- 1884, Apr 25 Owned Smith & Davis, Buffalo, NY.
- 1884, Oct New propeller from Union Drydock.
- 1885, Sep 20 Caught fire, Duluth elevator.
- 1887 Iron boiler house.
- 1889, Mar 26 Owned W. M. Egan, Chicago, IL.
- 1889, May 28 Aground, Grosse Pointe Shoals, Detroit River.
- 1889, Jul Struck pier of upper bridge, Blackwell Canal, Buffalo.
- 1889, Oct A blade of propeller knocked of by obstruction, Chicago.
- 1891, Sep 25 Aground nearly a week, Chicago River.
- 1892, Spring Minor repairs, masts reduced to one.
- 1898, Winter Wrecked off Point au Pelee, Lake Erie.
- 1898 Fore & aft steam engine with 22 & 46" cylinders, 48" stroke, 500hp at 70rpm; 12.5 x 12' scotch boiler from Dry Dock Engine Works, Detroit.
- 1899, Aug 31 Owned J. C. Gilchrist, Cleveland, OH.
- 1902, Sep 11 Sprang leak, Lake Superior.
- 1905, Jun 27 Sunk at Tashmoo Park, St.Clair Flats, by steamer LINDEN, cargo iron ore; LINDEN also sank, 2 dead.
- 1905, Nov Driven ashore, Middle Island, Lake Erie.
- 1909, Nov 11 Aground 5 mi. north of Sheboygan, WI.
- 1913, Apr 30 Owned Shipper Transit Co., Mentor, OH.
- 1914, May 7 Burned, Ripley, NY.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Telescope, Great Lakes Maritime Institute
- Newspaper Clippings
- Milwaukee Public Library
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C. Patrick Labadie
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 19:50:10
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio