- 24' 4"
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1893, May 3 Launched.
- 1896, Sep 13 Collision with schooner WILLIAM CROSTHWAITE in Lake St. Clair, sinking the schooner.
- 1899, Jun 7 Struck pier, Toledo, OH.
- 1912 Renamed CITY OF MACKINAC II.
- 1913, Nov.10 Wrecked her rudder in storm of 1913, limped down Lake Huron without it.
- 1919 Laid up at Detroit, MI.
- 1921 Owned Graham & Morton Co., Chicago, IL; renamed CITY OF HOLLAND; painted white.
- 1924, Oct 16 Owned Goodrich Transit Co., Chicago.
- 1928 Laid up Benton Harbor, MI.
- 1933, May Auctioned to Michigan Trust Co., Grand Rapids, MI.
- 1935 Owned Capt. John Roen, Woodmere Scrap Iron & Metal Co., Detroit.
- 1936 Towed to Sturgeon Bay, WI.
- 1940, Feb Scrapped.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Great Lakes Ships We Remember
- Great Lakes Register
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- American Bureau of Shipping
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 19:25:43
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio