- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Gross
History and Notes
- 1865, Jul 14 Launched incomplete; ran Toledo, Sandusky, Detroit & Saginaw.
- 1865 - 66 Cabins added; 362 tons.
- 1866 First steamer to ply regularly Manistee, MI - Milwaukee, WI.
- 1866 - 68 Service Toledo, OH to Saginaw, MI weekly.
- 1868 Outfitted with feathering paddlewheels.
- 1869 Owned C.H. Buhl & William Moore; ran Detroit - northern Lake Huron ports, then Marquette & Houghton.
- 1869, Apr New 40" cylinder replaced 36" one.
- 1869, May Overhauled for Lake Superior trade.
- 1871, Mar Owned Engleman Transportation Co., Milwaukee, WI; paired with METROPOLIS, ran daily Muskegon, Whitehall, Montague, Benona, Pentwater, Luddington, Manistee, Turners Point & Traverse City; earliest ships to call regularly at several smaller ports.
- 1871, May In Milwaukee to replace boiler & overhaul flues.
- 1871, Aug 24 Machinery broke.
- 1872, Apr 12 Rammed by schooner NAPOLEON at Milwaukee harbor.
- 1873, Nov 5 Ashore near Manistee; owned Moore & Dustin, Toledo, OH.
- 1874, Aug 23 Burned Manistee; dismantled, engine put into FLORA at Milwaukee.
- 1875 Rebuilt by Wolf & Davidson, Milwaukee for their own account as a 3 masted schooner barge; 160.5 x 25 x 8.8'; 245 gross tons; 233 net tons; planned for lumber trade in Chicago.
- 1880 Owned John Demsey & Co., Milwaukee.
- 1882 Owned Manistee Lumber Co.
- 1883 Rebuilt.
- 1885, May Collision with freighter CHICAGO at Milwaukee harbor.
- 1889, Oct 4 Collision with Chicago bridge; lost jibboom & bow spirit.
- 1892, Aug 30 Capsized in squall at Pierport, MI with loss of all crew; rerigged as a tow barge with 2 short masts.
- 1894 Owned Samuel & Charles Neff, Milwaukee; Chicago & Manistee lumber trade.
- 1899 Owned Edward E. Ayer; Milwaukee.
- 1900 Owned C.E. Rowland, Toledo, OH.
- 1901 Owned William T. Clark, Toledo.
- 1902 Owned A.C. McLean, East Saginaw, MI.
- 1904 Owned Alvin Peter, Toledo; towed by J.FISK, JR in coal trade.
- 1906, May 21 Struck Belle Isle bridge; sunk in Detroit River.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Richard J. Wright, Bowling Green State University
- Lytle List
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- F.E. Hamilton
- Erik Heyl, Early American Steamers
- Emerson H. Knack
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Ed Middleton
- David Swayze
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 19:23:30