- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
- 3000 tons
History and Notes
- 1892, Apr 19 Collision with schooner CORA A, Lake Michigan.
- 1893 Owned McGraw Trans. Co.
- 1894, Nov 30 Struck by steamer STEVENS while docked at Duluth, MN.
- 1895, Oct 1 Stranded at Copper Harbor, Lake Superior.
- 1897, Jun Caught fire in galley while on Lake Erie, cabin destroyed; repaired at Buffalo.
- 1898 Repaired in Buffalo after steering quadrant broke in storm on Lake Erie.
- 1914 Owned Thomas.
- 1914 Renamed C.W. JACOB, 2062 gross / 1714 net tons.
- 1915 Owned Jacob & Evans Trans. Co.
- 1919 Owned Hammermill Paper Co.
- 1919 Rebuilt.
- 1922 Large repairs.
- 1925 Owned Hammermill Paper Co.; towed barge CRETE.
- 1929 Rebuilt as barge, renamed ISOLDE; towed by steamer TRISTAN in pulpwood trade; 2140 gross / 2058 net tons.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Great Lakes Register
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 19:21:24
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio