- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1875, Jun 15 Launched, ran Collingwood - Chicago.
- 1875, Oct 9 Collided with bark EMMA C HUTCHINSON at Chicago.
- 1878, Mar 8 Owned Smith & Keightley, Toronto.
- 1881, Oct 16 Stranded on rock ten miles north of Gore Bay in North Channel, Georgian Bay.
- 1883 Rebuilt at Collingwood; wooden arches added.
- 1884 Stranded at Michipicoten River, Lake Superior.
- 1885 Repaired at Owen Sound.
- 1887 Owned Collingwood Transportation Co.; ran to Georgian Bay & Lake Superior ports, Port Arthur & Duluth.
- 1887, Oct 24 Foundered near Clapperton Island, Georgian Bay, in 100' water.
- 1892 Raised & rebuilt at Owen Sound as steambarge, 1 deck, 172 x 31 x 13', 731 gross / 497 net tons; owned Collins Bay Rafting & Forwarding Co.
- 1892, Nov Stranded on Black Rock near Parry Sound, ONT.
- 1895, Nov 5 Stranded two miles west of Devils Island, North Channel, Georgian Bay.
- 1896 Rebuilt at Collingwood, 172 x 29 x 19', 883 gross / 570 net tons; renamed SATURN; owned Collins Bay Rafting & Forwarding Co., Kingston; towed MUSKOKA & WAUBUSHENE.
- 1901 Owned Wm. McKinnon, Toronto.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Scanner, Toronto Marine Historical Society
- Ontario Archives
- Newspaper Clippings
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Canadian Registers
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 19:19:01
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio