- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
- 300 - 800 Passengers
History and Notes
- 1889, Apr 11 Launched; ran Chicago, IL - Milwaukee - Racine, WI.
- 1895, Oct Iron sheathed for winter service.
- 1901, Spring New deck, state rooms & raised forecastle.
- 1909, Jun Lost propeller near Chicago.
- 1910 Rebuilt Manitowoc, WI; 4 decks; renamed ARIZONA; ran Chicago - Collingwood, ONT & Mackinac, MI.
- 1914, Summer Aground Seven Mile Point, Lake Michigan.
- 1926, Mar 24 Reportedly struck car ferry MILWAUKEE in slip, Grand Haven, MI.
- 1927 Leased briefly to Peninsula & Northern Navigation Co.
- Late 1920's Laid up.
- 1932, Sep Owned by Arundell Corp., Detroit, MI; used as powerplant & dormitory during Livingston Channel construction.
- 1937 - 1938 Dismantled.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- Great Lakes Register
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Ed Middleton
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- Donald V. Baut
- C. Patrick Labadie
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 19:17:51
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio