- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
- 150 passengers
History and Notes
- 1874, Jul 8 Maiden trip; runs Cleveland - Duluth.
- 1874, Jul 4 Enrolled Detroit; owned Solomon Gardner.
- 1875, Apr 10 Owned Alvin C. Burt, Detroit; ran chicago - Grand Haven.
- 1876 Wards Lake Superior Line; ran Detroit - Lake Superior weekly.
- 1877, Apr 24 Owned John Pridgeon, Detroit, MI; ran Chicago - Duluth.
- 1880, Apr 28 Owned J. Pridgeon & Charles Spencer, Chicago, IL.
- 1881, Apr 28 Owned C. Spencer & Lyman Hunt, Chicago.
- 1884 Grounded Copper Harbor, MI.
- 1886, May 6 Rebuilt at Buffalo, 202 x 36 x 13.5; 1,310.41 gross / 912.43 net tons; steel arches.
- 1887 Ashore South Fox Island, Lake Michigan.
- 1888, Mar 1 Enrolled Chicago; owned Lake Michigan & Lake Superior Transportation Co., S. F. Leopold, president.
- 1889 Left Washburn for chicago with 3000,000 feet lumber.
- 1889, May collision with steamer ROANOKE at Sault Ste. Marie, then with RUFUS P.RANNEY.
- 1889, Oct Ran on reef near Baraga, MI, Lake Superior; significant damage.
- 1890, Jul 1 Grounded at Church's Point near Sault Ste Marie.
- 1891, Jun Grounded on Graham's Shoals near Cheboygan, MI.
- 1891 Equipped with Royal Signal Co. engine telegraph.
- 1892 Hard aground in Hay Lake Channel, foot of Sugar Island.
- 1896, Apr 23 Enrolled Duluth, MN; same owner, John Flynn managing owner.
- 1896, May 1 Grounded in river at St. Joseph, MI.
- 1897, May 15 Collision with MARISKA, Sault Locks.
- 1897 - 98 Chartered for winter by Graham & Morton Co., ran Chicago - Benton Harbor.
- 1898, Jan 2 Wrecked St. Joseph piers, Lake Michigan.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Peter J. VanderLinden
- Newspaper Clippings
- Marine Directory, R.L. Polk Co., Detroit
- Julius Wolff
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy||
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 19:00:40
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio