- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1893, Apr 14 Launched.
- 1893, Jun 6 Enrolled Grand Haven, MI.
- 1893, Sep 16 Aground, Holland, MI; released next morning.
- 1894, Jun Overhauled, wheel replaced, changes made to machinery.
- 1894, Aug 3 Beached Holland, MI, badly damaged.
- 1899 Montaque Iron Works rebuilt engine with a steeple compound 18" & 36" cylinder x 28" stroke with direct connected air pumps & condenser.
- 1900-01 Grand Rapids & Chicago Steamboat Co. (Holland - Chicago Line) sold her to Graham & Morton .
- 1901 Owned Charles W. Thompson.
- 1901, May 13 Owned Cleveland & Oscoda Transportation Co. (The Thompson Line) Port Sanilac, MI.
- 1905, Nov 27 Stranded at Rogers City, MI.
- 1910, Jul 19 Owned Charles Beyschlag, St. Clair, MI.
- 1912, May 4 Renamed MELBOURNE.
- 1918, Aug 6 Sunk in Saginaw River.
- 1919, May 20 Owned LeBeau Wrecking Co., Toledo, OH; rebuilt as steam barge, one deck, no masts, 146.7' x 29.5' x 7.9'; 275.64 gross / 57.38 net tons.
- 1919, Jun 14 Renamed CLARENCE E. LEBEAU.
- 1922, Jul 1 Burned.
- 1922, Sep 18 Documents surrendered.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Ed Middleton
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 18:58:41
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio