- Propulsion Type
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1891, Jun 26 Enrolled Port Huron; towed CELTIC.
- 1892, Apr 6 Owned James Davidson Transportation Co.; home port Hampton, MI; towed ABERDEEN, CELTIC & HAROLD.
- 1895, Oct 11 Sold to Buckeye S.S. Co., Willoughby Township, OH; enrolled Cleveland.
- 1901, Apr 8 Change tonnage 2,400 gross / 1797 net tons; towed ABYSSINIA.
- 1904, Oct Aground in Apostle Islands, released after discharging 300 tons ore.
- 1905, Sep Aground at Milwaukee, released after discharging 400 tons soft coal.
- 1907, Nov 28 Stranded on Peshtigo Reef, Green Bay; released.
- 1907, Dec Aground off Green Bay; fire broke out in bunkers, burned to water line & sank.
- 1908, Feb - May Salvaged by Leathem & Smith Co.; raised & towed to Sturgeon Bay, machinery removed.
- 1909 - 10 Converted to barge.
- 1911, Apr 20 Enrolled at Milwaukee as barge; 1 deck, no masts, 196.5 x 39.9 x 15.6', 958 net tons; owned Leathem D. Smith, Sturgeon Bay.
- 1917, Sep Sunk Leathem & Smith Dock, Sturgeon Bay; unloaded stone & released.
- 1917, Oct 6 Aground in storm, Lilly Bay, N Two Rivers Point, Lake Michigan; abandoned.
- 1922, Apr 37 Documents surrendered.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Scott's Great Lakes Pilot.
- Newspaper Clippings
- Jon Van Harpen
- John O. Greenwood
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Great Lakes Register
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- David Swayz
- Unique ID
- Chromotype Engt. Co.
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 18:32:05
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio